Korean Air 852
Accident Case Study
Photo: HL7350, from Aviation Safety Network.
- Date: 13 JUN 1991
- Time: 18:41
- Type: Boeing 727-281
- Operator: Korean Air
- Registration: HL7350
- Crew: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 7
- Passengers: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 120
- Total: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 127
- Airplane fate: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
- Location: Taegu Airport (TAE) (South Korea)
- Phase: Landing (LDG)
- Nature: Domestic Scheduled Passenger
- Departure airport: Jeju (Cheju) International Airport (CJU/RKPC), South Korea
- Destination airport: Daegu (Taegu) International Airport (TAE/RKTN), South Korea
Gear-up landing. The crew failed to read out the landing procedure checklist, didn't select the gear down. The circuit breaker was pulled when the warning system horn sounded.
The narrative says it all.