Battery or Battery Charger Failure
This is a work in progress
- Affected BATT Volts / Amps . . . Check
- If the reading is abnormal:
- BATT CHRGR CB (Left and Right) . . . PULL
- Affected BATT CHRGR CB . . . RESET (after 3-5 minutes)
- If the battery does not charge:
- If the battery is discharging:
- Affected MAIN BATTERY. . . OFF
- If battery power is required:
- MAIN BATTERIES (Left and Right) . . . ON
The affected side MAIN AC BUS should be powered.
L BATT CHRGR: LEER. LPDB, L MAIN AC
R BATT CHRGR: REER, RPDB, R MAIN AC
(1) Affected BATT CHRGR CB . . . PULL
If both Main Batteries are turned off, the EBHA and UPS batteries will illuminate on the overhead panel. This is simply for aircrew awareness and no change to EBHA and UPS Batteries has occurred.
Selecting the Right Main Battery to OFF will cause the APU to shut down if the APU is operating. APU start is not available with the Left or the Right Main Battery OFF.
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018