Left Main AC Bus Fault
This is a work in progress
Displayed CAS and CA Messages
L Main AC-Volts
With RAT Generator on the following systems are impacted:
- Autopilot: Not available.
- Autothrottle: Not available.
- ADS: ADS 1/2/3 not available for selection.
- FD: Not available.
- FGP: Airspeed and altitude inputs not available.
- TCAS: Not available.
- XPDR: Mode C not available.
- AC Power Synoptic Page . . . Verify
- RAT . . . Deploy
- RAT GEN . . . Verify On
- EMERGENCY POWER . . . ARM
- Airplane . . . Land at nearest suitable airport
- Final Approach
- FLAPS . . . 20°
- RAT GEN . . . OFF (above 200 KCAS)
- Landing Gear . . . Down
- FLAPS. . . DOWN
- If a go-around is required:
- Once at greater than 200 KCAS:
THE EMERGENCY AC BUS IS NOT POWERED IN THIS CONFIGURATION. THE EBHA AND UPS BATTERIES ARE BEING DISCHARGED.
Airspeed should not be reduced to less than 200 KCAS until it is necessary to land so as to ensure proper RAT operation.
The RAT will power the Emergency AC, L ESS DC and R ESS DC busses.
RAT GEN will drop off line below approximately 200 KCAS. To prevent the RAT GEN from repeatedly shedding the load and then resupplying electrical power, the RAT GEN must be selected OFF prior to decelerating to less than 200 KCAS.
(1) RAT GEN . . . ON
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 3, July 16, 2019