This is a work in progress
- Flap position asymmetry detected between position sensors.
Flap Asymmetry (caution)
- Flap Movement: Unavailable.
- Landing Distance: Increased.
- Airspeed . . . Reduce
- ROLL TRIM . . . Neutralize roll forces
- If unable to neutralize roll trim:
- Airspeed . . . Reduce towards VREF
- If flap asymmetry occurs with flap position greater than 20°:
- Airplane . . . Land within approximately 30 minutes
- Refer to 03-12-10: Zero Flaps or Partial Flaps Landings.
DO NOT ATTEMPT FURTHER MOVEMENT OF FLAPS.
According to the engineer who wrote this, the threat is that the airloads on the flaps can push them in (retract) which could exacerbate roll tendencies.
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018