Spoiler Panel Failure
This is a work in progress
One spoiler panel or one spoiler panel pair are inoperative, or Loss of FCC spoiler communication from any spoiler panel.
- Roll performance: May be degraded depending on which panels failed.
- Speed brakes: Reduced effectiveness.
To view the FCS Synoptic Legend, refer to 03-13-190, FCS Synoptic Legend.
- Autopilot . . . As required
- Airspeed . . . 285 KCAS / 0.90M maximum
- Airplane . . . Land at nearest suitable airport
- FCS Synoptic . . . Verify failed spoiler(s)
- If the inboard spoilers have failed:
- If the outboard or midboard spoilers have failed:
a. Flight . . . Continue
Landing . . . Crosswind 25 knots maximum
Landing distance should be based on VREF +10 KCAS to touchdown.
b. Airspeed . . . VREF +10 KCAS minimum to touchdown
c. If the outboard spoilers are in Electric Backup mode:
(1) Landing Distance . . . Recalculate with a 1.55 factor
Wheel fuse plug release may occur due to added landing speed under combinations of high field elevation, landing weight and OAT.
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018