This is a work in progress
Horizontal stabilizer not responding to movement commands, or Stabilizer surface position information is unreliable or unavailable.
- Airplane longitudinal (pitch) control effectiveness may be restricted through the entire range of airspeeds of the flight envelope.
- If a significant stick push force is required:
- Airspeed . . . Do not exceed 250 KCAS
- Trim Use primary trim switch or AP DISC / TSS
- Autopilot . . . OFF
- FLT CTRL RESET . . . PRESS and RELEASE
- If the CAS message is no longer displayed:
- Flight . . . Continue
- If the CAS message remains displayed after waiting 10 seconds:
- Airplane . . . Land as soon as practicable
- Autopilot . . . As required
- Landing . . . Controllability Check Perform
- Approach and Landing
Use the horizontal stabilizer / elevator display on the FLIGHT CONTROLS synoptic page to determine an appropriate minimum speed and maximum flap deflection that will still allow adequate elevator control authority for flight and landing.
(1) Refer to 03-13-10, Landing Controllability Check.
(1) Approach . . . Use shallow approach angle
Landing distance should be based on VREF+10 KCAS to touchdown increased by a 1.25 factor for a shallow approach.
Wheel fuse plug release may occur due to added landing speed under combinations of high field elevation, landing weight and OAT.
(2) Landing Distance . . . Recalculate with a 1.25 factor
(3) Airspeed . . . VREF+10 KCAS (minimum)
USE CAUTION DURING FLARE, OR IN GUSTY WIND CONDITIONS, DUE TO DECREASED FLIGHT CONTROL AUTHORITY.
(4) Touchdown . . . Minimize flare
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018