This is a work in progress
A spoiler is jammed in a fixed position due to mechanical interference or internal actuator failure.
Jam of a spoiler surface will result in reduced lateral (roll) control effectiveness, reduced speedbrake effectiveness and reduced ground roll braking effectiveness.
- Autopilot . . . OFF
- Configuration / Airspeed . . . Maintain current configuration and safe airspeed (285 KCAS / 0.90M maximum)
- ROLL TRIM . . . Neutralize roll control forces
- Airplane . . . Land as soon as practicable
- Destination Airport . . . Select longest and widest runway available with minimum crosswind component
- Landing Controllability Check . . . Perform
- Landing Configuration . . . Plan flaps 20° landing
- GPWS FLAP INHIBIT . . . Select
- Landing Distance . . . Calculate
- Airspeed . . . Maintain VREF (20° flaps) +20 KCAS minimum
To view the FCS Synoptic Legend, refer to 03-13-190, FCS Synoptic Legend.
The speed brakes may be deployed as required to attain a more symmetric lift distribution on the wings.
a. Refer to 03-13-10, Landing Controlability Check.
Landing distance should be based on a flaps 20˚ landing maintaining VREF +20 KCAS to touchdown. Wheel fuse plug release may occur due to added landing speed under combinations of high field elevation, landing weight and OAT.
a. Landing . . . Lower nosewheels to runway without delay
b. Thrust Reversers (Left and Right) . . . Deploy
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018