Engine Core Fire In Flight
This is a work in progress
Engine fire loop senses fire in engine core (Zone 2) of the engine.
- Affected Engine . . . Confirm
- POWER LEVER (Affected Engine) . . . IDLE
- FUEL CONTROL (Affected Engine) . . . OFF
- FIRE Handle (Affected Engine) . . . Pull
- ENG BLEED AIR (Affected Engine) . . . OFF
- Isolation Valve . . . Open (Depressed)
- GEN (Affected Engine). . . OFF
- TCAS . . . TA only
- WAI . . . Deselect Auto
- Fuel Balance Monitor and Maintain
- Refer to 02-08-60, Fuel Balancing in Flight.
- If fire indications remain:
- Airplane . . . Land as soon as possible
- If fire indications clear:
- Airspeed . . . 285 KCAS / 0.90M maximum
- Airplane . . . Land at nearest suitable airport
- Refer to 04-08-30, One Engine Inoperative Landing Procedure.
Do not discharge the fire bottle.
The Engine Fire Protection loop are continually monitored by the DCN. Performing a fire test in flight or during a fire procedure is not required.
ENGINE MUST NOT BE RESTARTED AFTER A FIRE WARNING AND THE FIRE HANDLE MUST NOT BE RESET.
Gulfstream GVII-G500 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 1, August 31, 2018