Sample Oceanic Paperwork
International Operations Appendices
"Hey Eddie," I hear now and then, "let's see your paperwork." Fortunately I've never had this request from anyone official so I guess I've been doing okay all these years. But I have to admit my handwriting isn't the best and sometimes crossing the pond I miss a thing or two. But for those of you that asked, here is my paperwork from a trip to Luxembourg.
- The plotting chart is shown above. Yes, I didn't plot the NAT tracks, but they were all well north or south of us. The good folks at Rockwell-Collins (Air Routing) gave us a graphic depiction, shown below, and I decided that I would keep that with the plotting chart should I need to divert.
- The master document is shown below. Note that for each oceanic leg I've logged:
- ETA and ATA
- Fuel with the delta (plus or minus)
- HF frequency either used for position reporting or SELCAL monitoring
- A note about how the position report was done: VHF, HF, or CPDLC
- Altimeter performance (both primaries and the standby)
- FIR boundaries (for CPDLC)