Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) Codes
United States ARFF
- For the purpose of Index determination, air carrier aircraft lengths are grouped as follows:
- Index A includes aircraft less than 90 feet in length.
- Index B includes aircraft at least 90 feet but less than 126 feet in length.
- Index C includes aircraft at least 126 feet but less than 159 feet in length.
- Index D includes aircraft at least 159 feet but less than 200 feet in length.
- Index E includes aircraft at least 200 feet in length.
[ICAO Annex 14, Table 9-1]
Portions of this page can be found in the book International Operations Flight Manual, Part VIII, Chapter 2.
14 CFR 139, Title 14: Aeronautics and Space, Certification of Airports
ICAO Annex 14 - Aerodromes - Vol I - Aerodrome Design and Operations, International Standards and Recommended Practices, Annex 14 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, Vol I, 6th edition July 2013