Abnormal Procedures (Procedural)
Flight Attendant Notes
- Receive situation briefing from PIC.
- Brief passengers, get them started on personal preparation (below).
- Prepare the cabin (below).
- Once aircraft has stopped assess the conditions and say: "Stay seated, stay seated, I am opening an exit."
- To command the evacuation:
- "Open your seat belts"
- "Come this way"
- "Come to my voice / flashlight"
- "Leave everything"
- Pick an exit.
- At a window exit:
- "Step up, step through"
- "Leg, body, leg"
- "Run away from the aircraft"
- During an evacuation passengers may become incapacitated. Evacuate the able bodied first, seek their assistance to help those who need it.
- Tell the first person to exit to assist other passengers and send them away from the aircraft.
- Count those evacuating to ensure all are accounted for.
- Bring the medical kit, blankets, coats, if time permits.
Preparation (If time permits)
Note: see G450 Ground Evacuation for aircraft specific procedures.
- Seat backs upright, seats tracked to their approved positions, stow tables.
- Remove dangerous objects from passengers (stow eyeglasses in a sock or seat pocket).
- Stow all loose articles, anything that could become a projectile (lap tops, service dishes, flowers, etc.)
- Duct tape all galley sliding doors.
- Dim lights just prior to landing.
Preposition Needed Assets
Place medical kit, blankets, and extra flashlights in a bag and stow securely.
- Void bladder.
- Remove jewelry, watches, stockings, etc.
- Change into pants and long sleeve shirts made of natural fibers (denim, cotton).
- Wet hair to remove flammable hair products.
- Execute aircraft specific procedures, such as G450 Ground Evacuation.
- Once the aircraft is stopped, assess the environment and select an evacuation exit.
- Redirect passengers to the selected exit.
- Beware of fire, debris, rescue vehicles, and other obstructions outside the aircraft.
Once outside the aircraft
- Assemble all passengers at least 100 yards upwind of the aircraft.
- Do not permit anyone to smoke.
- Do not allow anyone other than rescue personnel to enter the aircraft
- Treat the injured, as necessary.
Cartoon: Emergency Selfie, from Chris Manno